Apayao Province was called as the “Cordillera’s Last Frontier for Nature and Riches“ Because of its natural attraction and abundance of breathtaking scenery. Apayao is a genuine destination for travelers and adventure seekers
Luna as the primary town of the province, is a laid-back rural town, don’t expect high end hotels and accommodations. Local accommodation started for as low as Php. 250.00 for overnight stay, mostly fan only, except the accommodation of Apayao Sport Center, in Barangay Payanan in Luna as they called it as Payanan Eco Tourism Sports Complex, managed by the tourism office of Apayao Province.
The bungalow type or a one level house is commonly called by the locals as cottages, it have two large bedroom separated by two main doors.
The two main room, is good for a big groups or family that can accommodate 8-10 persons per room or a total of 16-20 or more per cottages. . Each rooms are air-conditioned.
The kitchen has a large space, extension of the both rooms. Visitors can cook their food, with a reasonable extra cost for gas. Kitchen utensils can be borrowed from the caretaker. Other option is to asked the care taker to cook foods for the guest.
The club house and the pavilion.
The Payanan Eco Tourism sport complex is more than four hectares sport complex, hosted an Olympic size swimming pool, a 400 meters track oval, football field, archery range, basket ball court, Sepak Takraw and Tennis court. It can accommodate more than 3,000 athletes.
Few years ago it hosted the Cordillera Administrative Region Athletic Association (CARAA)
The sport complex is also one of the tourist destination of the province.
The booking system is through the Apayao tourism, please call sir Bong 09152917538
The cellphone signal in some places in Apao is poor, a little patience contacting them.
Rate per cottages in 24 hours stay is PHP 2,200.00
Another good option is to find accommodation in junction Luna in Abuyug Cagayan. Junction Luna is around 10-15 minutes ride to the town proper of Luna, Apayao,
The municipality of Abulug serves as gateway to Luna, Pudtol, and Santa Marcela of the Apayao Province through the junction of Luna highway. The junction is strategically located along Maharlika Highway.
The Junction is is the center of trade in the area, where commercial establishments as well as bus terminal from Manila and other bus company leading to other destination in northern Luzon are pass and stops here.
Here is the place, where vehicles is easier to find in exploring the Province of Apayao.
The Grand Valley Hotel is one of the most recommended accommodation in Junction Luna, when it comes to cleanliness, services at a reasonable price.
Transportation and dining place are few steps away from Grand Valley Hotel.
The receiving area.
A single room with toilet, bathroom and air-condition.
For contact details, reservation and rates please call or text Ma’am Betty Domingo at 09152214422/09157121605
Ma’am Beth can also provide/help to find transportation for Apayao.
Other Accommodation in Luna, Apayao
- Village Guest House, Poblacion Luna, Apayao. CP# 0926-2144185
- Pensione Lavigna and Restaurant, San Isidro Sur, Luna Apayao. CP#0930-2147027
- Star Jewel Lodge, San Isidro Sur, Luna Apayao.
- Duerme’s Boarding House and Carenderia, Poblacion Luna, Apayao
- Cuzi Home and Garden, Tumog, Luna Apayao
- ADG Homestay, Poblacion Luna, Apayao
- Walt House Building, Poblacion, Luna, Apayao
Restaurants, Carenderia and other Dining Place in Luna, Apayao
There are some carenderia’s and fast food in the town of Luna, The town is laid back rural, don’t expect too much, but we found out that carenderia’s serve delicious foods and affordable.
- Umayam Fastfood and Catering Services, San Isidro Sur, Luna, Apayao
- Susan Grill and Resto, Poblacion, Luna, Apayao
- Duldulao Carenderia, Poblacion, Luna, Apayao
- RJ’S Eatery, Turod, Luna, Apayao
- Evelyn Snack House &Catering Services, San Isidro Sur, Luna, Apayao
- CJ’S Eatery, San IOsidro, Luna, Apayao
- Mones Eatery, San Isidro Sur, Luna, Apayao
- Angkwan’s Bulaluhan, San Isidro Sur, Luna, Apayao
- Lily’s Food House. San Jose, Luna, Apayao
- Lorraine Snack Hauz, Poblacion, Luna, Apayao
- Hanz Burger House, Poblacion Luna, Apayao
- B2’s Restaurant, San Isidro Sur, Luna, Apayao
- Burger Franks, San Isidro Sur, Luna, Apayao
- Burger Franks, Poblacion, Luna, Apayao
- Princess Joy Eatery, San Isidro Sur, Luna, Apayao
- Naida Eatery, San Isidro Sur, Luna, Apayao
- Arlydz Restaurant and Catering, Quirino, Luna, Apayao
- Apayao Salt and Pepper Restaurant, San Isidro Sur, Luna, Apayao
- Kulas Tapsilogan, San Isidro Sur, Luna, Apayao
- Grande’s Food Express, San Isidro Sur, Luna, Apayao
- SIX J’S Restaurant, Poblacion, Luna, Apayao
- Star Jewel Food Haus, San Isidro Sur, Luna, Apayao
- Cargado Food House and Sari Sari Store, Dagupan, Luna, Apayao
- Esmeralda Asuncion Bakery, Dagupan, Luna, Apayao
- Sally’s Store, Santa Lina, Luna, Apayao
For more details about Apayao Province click the picture above or just click HERE
How to get there?
By Land from Manila
Take a Florida Bus or RCJ Bus going to Junction Luna in Abulug, Cagayan.Their terminals are both located in Sampaloc Manila and Cubao. Travel time takes around 12 hours via Tuguegarao and 14 hours via Ilocos. At Junction Luna terminal, transfer to a tricycle going to Poblacion Luna, approximately 10 to 15 minutes ride.
Source of Information:
- Apayao Tourism
- Abulug, Cagayan Municipality